Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 27

Hello all :)

I can't believe I'm already in the LAST WEEK of my second trimester! It's crazy to think that there are only 13 weeks left until Ryder is here! I need to get my booty in gear and get some stuff done! Thankfully, I was able to get the rest of Ryder's soon-to-be room cleared out and we just need to decide if we want to leave the carpet in there or put down other flooring. Any thoughts? Then we can start painting and decorating! I ordered our crib today, so we will be getting that in next week. I'm excited!

As far as Ryder's developments go this week, he weighs somewhere around 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. I think he is mostly a day sleeper and likes to wake up and play in the mornings and at night. He's super wiggly then :)

With more brain tissue developing, our baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. I can likely chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements I may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. I hadn't really thought about it, but there are times when he has twitched several times in a row. Maybe it was the hiccups! I will have to pay better attention to that now. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so I can't wait to just relax and enjoy the tickle :)

Earlier this week I had my glucose test for gestational diabetes. I had to drink a small cup of what I can imagine hummingbird fluid would taste like. It was 'fruit punch' flavored and had 75 grams of sugar in that tiny cup! I was so desperate for water about five minutes after I drank the gunk haha. Anyway, they make you drink the stuff and then take your blood a while later to test your sugar levels and how your body reacted to the sugar. I haven't gotten my results back yet, but I assume I'm good to go.

I feel like Ryder has really grown a lot this past week. I've been pretty comfortable for the most part, until I feel our little man stretch out and I can tell he's taking full advantage of all of the space he's allotted inside my tummy. He's been pushing on my lungs a lot and using my ribs like marimbas :) I'm really glad that I have a pregnancy body pillow to sleep with at night or I think I would be having a really hard time getting comfortable at night. If anyone would like a recommendation, I have the Boppy Total Body Support pillow. It's awesome :)

Here is what Ryder may look like this week:



And here I am:

No comments:

Post a Comment