Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 28

Hello third trimester!

Since last week, we've decided to tear up the carpet and go with a laminate wood floor that matches our office. I'll need to start looking for a rug or something to put down now to act as a sound absorber. I can't wait until everything is done and we can start setting up his room :) The crib came in this week and I came home to Russell getting it all set up for me! It's so pretty!

Also this week, my coworkers threw me a suprise baby shower! It was so much fun! I came into the kitchen at work expecting to be walking into our 'lunch and learn' thing that we do every couple of weeks where we learn about a new topic related to the software we use at work. However, this time I see my mom and sister, Heather, and Russell all sitting there! I was like um....what's going on!? Haha. Turns out there was no lunch and learn and it was all just a cover-up for the shower :) Here are a couple pictures of that:









And in baby growth news, by this week, Ryder weighs somewhere around two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures, on average, 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Here is what Ryder might look like right about now:



And here I am:

No comments:

Post a Comment