Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 29

Hooray for baby bedding! At my work shower last week, my mom suprised me with the fact that she bought Ryder's mattress and bedding for me. That all arrived this week and I couldn't wait to get it all set up. I didn't even wash any of it first haha. I set everything up and took a few pictures before I threw everything in the wash. I couldn't resist :) Here are some pictures of the setup:





We also started painting Ryder's room this week. We are painting three of the walls with a light tan color and the fourth wall is going to be painted to look like old barn wood. I got the idea from a room setup image that came with the bedding we got :) It's so cute!!! Heather has been so incredibly amazingly awesome to offer to paint the wood for me since I'm not *supposed to be* around all of the paint. I can't wait until it's done!

These days, baby Ryder now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds on average (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain (it will be a big one if it's anything like his daddy's hehe). To meet his increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. My doctor prescribed me an iron supplement because I'm at the point where I need to maintain my levels because they're getting kind of low. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in our baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Here is what baby boy might look like about now:



And here I am:

No comments:

Post a Comment