Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 30

Hello all :)

I cannot believe there are only TEN WEEKS LEFT (give or take) until Ryder is here! It seems crazy to think that 30 whole weeks ago we found out that we were about to go on this incredible journey to parenthood :)

We've made some progress on the nursery. All of the tan walls are painted and Heather has made some good progress on the "wood" wall. Here are a couple pictures of what it is starting to look like:





Also this week, I scheduled classes up at the hospital where I'll be delivering (Medical Center of Arlington) for our child birth prep, breastfeeding and infant safety info. Those will all be coming up the first week of August. I've started getting more and more Braxton Hicks contractions, but my doctor told me they are nothing to worry about unless they are about 5 minutes apart for one to two hours straight. They aren't really painful, but more like pressure. Everything in my belly gets really hard and I just feel pressure all over and on my lungs. Not the most fun thing to ever experience, but not as bad as I thought they'd be.

If he is growing at an average pace, Ryder is now about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face (Normal adult vision is 20/20).

I am sooo excited that I finally scheduled a 3D/4D sonogram for next Friday! We will finally get to see what our little guy looks like (if he cooperates). I can't wait a whole week for that! But I guess I'll have to :)

Here is a picture of what Ryder might look like now:



And here I am, feeling gigantic:

No comments:

Post a Comment