Friday, March 19, 2010

Second Blood Work Update and First Sonogram

Yesterday was a bit stressful for us.

My nurse called me with my second blood work results and said that my blood pregnancy level had not gone up like it should have. It was only at 750 and should have been well above 3,000 if things were going up as planned. Since they weren't, she wanted me to come in for a sonogram so that they could look and see what was going on. They were thinking that it could be an ectopic pregnancy (not inside my uterus/inside one of my fallopian tubes), which would be very bad news. The baby cannot survive under those circumstances and if it ruptures, it can kill me.

I went to my sonogram at 3:30 yesterday afternoon and first, they tried out the normal sonogram where they put the little probe thing on my stomach to try and see the baby. They couldn't find anything on top, so they had to do an internal sono to try and see it. There, they saw the little sack, but could not see anything developing in it yet. My nurse previously told me that we wouldn't be able to see any baby on the sono until my blood levels were over 2,000. The good news is that the sono tech saw the sack inside my uterus, and not inside one of my tubes. So yay for that! :)

They told me that they'd like for me to get more blood work in a week to see where my levels are as of then and we will go from there. They told me to stay positive, and that I just may be really early in my pregnancy still. If you catch your pregnancy too early, sometimes you are kind of in limbo and waiting on all of this information. I still feel great and am not experiencing any bad symptoms, so everything should be fine.

Keep us in your prayers and I'll update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment